Click on any of the following links
to read the full chapter.
* This part of our site is still being worked on and we expect
to be filling in all the remaining chapters within the next few
THE ANGELMAN PROJECT "E-BOOK" OUTLINE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. UNDERSTANDING THE DIAGNOSIS
1. History & Discovery: Dr. Harry Angelman's Observations by Jill
2. Clinical Features and Clinical
Diagnosis by Charles Williams, M.D. Associate Professor and Chief,
University of Florida, College of Medicine, Division of Genetics.
3. Genetics by Joseph Wagstaff, M.D., Ph.D; Geneticist at University
of Virginia School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics And Department
of Biochemistry & Molecular Genetics.
4. Genetic Counseling by Jill E. Hendrickson,
M.S., M.S.S.W; Genetic Counselor, Perinatal Medicine, Division of
Genetics University Medical Center, University of Florida and Phase
I Principal Investigator.
B. MANAGING MEDICAL ISSUES
5. Pediatric & Internal Medicine: Guide to General Healthcare by
Dr. Charles Williams, M.D.
6. Seizure Types, Mechanisms & Treatments in AS by Elizabeth Thiele,
M.D. & Terry Hutchison M.D., Ph.D. Special Feature: The Importance
of the EEG in AS by Stewart Boyd, MD.
7. Dentistry by Nancy Dougherty, D.M.D. Case Studies a. Orthodontia:
Katie's Braces by Chris Taylor. b. Oral hygiene: Lucy, Troy, Alex.
8. Emergency Care by Steve Katz, M.D.
C. ORGANIZING THERAPIES
9. Communication by Stephen N. Calculator, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Professor
of Communication Disorders, University of New Hampshire.
10. Behavior and Behavior Therapy by Timothy J. Freeman, Ph.D.;
Child Clinical Psychologist.
11. Motor Development and Therapy (Physical and Occupational) by
Cathy Osburn, M.S., Pediatric Physical Therapist.
12. Therapy of Sleep Disorder by Joseph Wagstaff, M.D., Ph.D. Case
Study: Justin. D. MAXIMIZING EDUCATIONAL OPTIONS
13. The Legal Right to an Education of all Individuals with a Disability
by Teresa Rebhorn.
14. Educational Strategies and Legal Interpretations for AS Individuals
by Susan Ferguson, M.Ed., Senior Associate, The Institute for Educational
Leadership and a parent of an AS child.
a. Overview of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
c. Six Major Principal of IDEA.
d. Teaching Strategies that seem to work best for a child with AS.
E. CAREGIVING & PARENTING
15. Living with the Diagnosis. (Interviews with subject families
16. Daily Living Skills by Elaine Whidden, M.S.N., A.R.N.P., & Sharon
Katz. F. CREATING LONG TERM PLANS
17. Special Issues of Adolescence and the Transition to Adulthood
by Jill Clayton-Smith, M.D.
18.Group Homes: Case Histories by Fred Windbeck.
G. CASE HISTORIES